Video marketing is quickly becoming a key means for brands and businesses to engage with their audience. Research conducted by Nielsen claims that 64% of marketers expect video to dominate their strategies in the future, and when it comes to reach, video is an effective marketing tool to incorporate into your strategy. So what are you waiting for? Consider these top tips to ensure you create a fabulous and eye-catching video which will grab your audience’s attention.
- Consider your audience – Who are your target viewers? What content would they find valuable? One great video type is the “How to…” video which teaches your audience something new whilst enhancing your reputation and establishing your credibility as an expert in your field. Think about how video can really help your audience to see what you have to offer.
- Keep it short and give a catchy title – You only have seconds to win your audience’s attention. A rule to remember is to keep videos 3 minutes long or less. It’s vital to offer information that is easy for your audience to digest, otherwise they will simply move on. Also, try to create a catchy title for your video, this will not only attract your audiences’ attention but will enhance the ranking of your video. Take your time to come up with a title that is descriptive and creative!
- Tell a story – Use video to build emotional connections with your audience by telling your brand’s story. Your story should be about what you offer and how it can benefit your audience. Similarly use video to discuss case studies, ask questions and respond to your audience’s questions, make behind the scene videos or even share testimonials. Vary the type of videos to keep your audience interested and engaged with your brand and business.
- Optimise your words – Like most sites you use online, you’ll need to use your keywords in your titles, tags and descriptions to improve your search engine rankings. A catchy title is also a bonus. But as long as your video is relevant and useful to your audience, you shouldn’t have any problems in boosting your rankings.
- Align video with your brand – It’s important to ensure that your video clearly incorporates your brand identity and key messages, as well as supports and builds your brand through style, pace and quality. The best videos understand how a brand needs to communicate through video to match the essence of what the brand stands for.
- Track and test – Tracking and testing your video is vital to finding out new ways in making videos that your audience respond well to.
Remember to include a link to your website or landing page in your video description, this can be a very effective way to not only drive traffic to your website but to also help to convert your visitors into potential customers!
All you need is a bit of creativity and you’ll be well on your way to creating an awesome video which will enhance your sales conversions. If you’d like help getting your video off the ground, then contact the Bare Bones Marketing Team today.